Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights (ZLHR)
National Hotlines +263-(0)772-257247
Matabeleland & Midlands Hotlines +263-(0)9-72201, (0)773-855635
Manicaland & Masvingo Hotlines +263-(0)20-60660, (0)773-855718
The aims and objectives of ZLHR shall be to foster a culture of human rights in Zimbabwe and to encourage the growth and strengthening of human rights at all levels of Zimbabwean society.
- To strive to protect, promote, deepen and broaden the human rights provisions in the Constitution of Zimbabwe.
- To strive for the implementation and protection in Zimbabwe of international human rights norms as contained in important international conventions such as but not limited to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women, the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, and the African Charter on Human and People's Rights.
- To strive for the adoption of a Southern African Human Rights Charter and the establishment of a Southern African Court of Human Rights.
- To endeavour to find common ground with and to work alongside other Zimbabwean groups, organisations, activists and persons who share a broadly similar concern for and interest in human rights.
- To liaise and work with other human rights groups wherever situated but particularly in Southern Africa, and especially those closely linked to the legal profession.