Zimbabwe Association of Doctors for Human Rights (ZADHR)
Enjoyment of the right to highest attainable standard of health by all Zimbabweans
ZADHR exists recognising the position of doctors and other health professionals as frontline witnesses in achievement of the right to health and also recognising the potential power of the voices of health care workers to influence policy and its implementation.
- To educate, empower and encourage health professionals to be knowledgeable about, curious to investigate, able to document and competent to analyse health rights and abuses thereof in Zimbabwe and in the region.
- To lobby government(s) to respect, protect and fulfil the right to health.
- To investigate and document violations of the right to health.
- To promote the education of health professionals, other professionals, and the general public about health and human rights and their protection.
- To defend the rights of health professionals who are persecuted because of their adherence to human rights and medical ethics as defined by the World Medical Association.
- To monitor the ethics and responsibilities of health professionals concerning human rights issues.
- To document human rights abuses, using medical skills to observe and record the psychological and physical effects of these abuses.
- To make representations on behalf of those persons who have been subject to violations of their human rights.
- To liaise and build strong networks with domestic, regional and international organisations concerned with health and human rights.