Gays and Lesbians of Zimbabwe (GALZ)
The principle objective of GALZ is to build a democratic and accountable organization and to strive for the attainment of full, equal rights and the removal of all forms of discrimination in all aspects of life for gay men, lesbians and bisexual people in Zimbabwe and to inform, educate, counsel and support people in matters relative to their health and well being.
Sexual rights are human rights.
- To encourage civil, social and economic educational, sporting, political and other related opportunities and activities for gay men and lesbians.
- To act on behalf of and to represent gay men and lesbians, generally and individually, who reside in Zimbabwe.
- To promote an awareness of issues which affect gay and lesbian communities.
- To make known to the gay and lesbian community and to a broader community generally the aims and objectives of GALZ and the services which GALZ can provide to the gay and lesbian community.
- To establish, maintain and administer in a democratic collective and accountable manner, a Gay and Lesbian Community Center which will provide a venue for social, recreational, educational and other related activities.
- To collect materials and resources on the issues related to gay men and lesbians and to establish or co-operate with other organizations whose object is to establish such a center, a resource center to make such resources and materials easily available.
- Any other subsidiary objectives which are consistent with the carrying out of the aims and objectives listed above; for example, to work towards and campaign for the adoption of a Charter of Gay and Lesbian Rights.