Crisis in Zimbabwe Coalition
South African Office
Physical address: 711, 7th floor Khotso House, 62 Marshall Street, South Africa
Postal address: PO Box 61113 Marshall Town 2107, South Africa
Email address: media [at] crisiszimbabwe [dot] org
Crisis in Zimbabwe Coalition is a Coalition of more than 350 civil society organizations. It was conceived in August 2001 as a collective response by Zimbabwean civics to the multi faceted crisis facing the nation.
To see a democratic Zimbabwe.
To enhance Civil Society's Capacity to deal with the socio-economic and political crises through encouraging well coordinated strategic planning and action.
To promote freedom and democratic values through encouraging dialogue, tolerance and the shaping of ideas by Zimbabweans from all walks of life.
- To respond timeously to government positions regarding various key policy areas.
- To share ideas and information for use by CSOs in the articulation of credible, alternative and practical views.
- To ensure the rapid development of democratic governance in Zimbabwe.
- To amplify the collective voice of civil society in Zimbabwe.
- To cover issues which would otherwise not fall within the mandate of the major CSOs.
- To highlight, debate and research and propose solutions to the multi-layered national crisis.