Radio Voice of the People (VOP)
VOP lobbies and advocates for political, economic, cultural and social development through alternative broadcasting.
- To cover issues that would not make it to the state controlled electronic media.
- To give Zimbabweans an opportunity to look at issues critically.
- To encourage the input of all Zimbabweans and thus share ideas and information regardless of social, religious or any differences.
- To promote and protect the principles of pluralism and diversity in the media.
- To encourage the development of participatory democracy in areas of health, Governance, parliament, business development, gender and the environment.
- Specifically following the land resettlement programme.
- To generally present balanced and impartial news coverage for the overall development of the country socially, politically and culturally.
- To fight the HIV/AIDS pandemic through the accessible radio medium.
7120KHz for evening programme (7pm-8pm)
9890KHz for morning programme (6am-7am)
1900hrs -2000hrs Zimbabwean time daily